Vai Vidang / Bai Vidang Powder - 100 Gms
Embelia Ribes (Robustal Berries or Vidanga) is natural germicide. Its medicinal uses, health benefits, for curing fungal infections of skin, worms in stomach, heart diseases, facial paralysis due to over heat, blood motions, sticky motions, back ache during periods, eye brow pains, pains in forehead and killing germs in the skull, Elephantiasis, children’s grinding teeth during sleep.
It is known as vidanga in sanskrit, vayuvidangalu or vayulavangalu in telugu, vayu vilanga in tamil, vilal in malayalam, vavaring in punjabi, baobarang in urdu, Ambati / Kokla in Marathi, Bidanga in Oriya, Vavading in Gujarati and vayu vidang in hindi. It tastes pungent and astringent. It is used mainly for curing intestinal worm infections. But it can also be used to get relief from many diseases and a few are given here. There are no known side effects with this herb, but should not be used by pregnant women.
This is mostly used as Germicide in home made medicines.
Sushruta (Ancient Indian Surgeon of 6th century BCE) describes the fruit as anthelmintic, restorative and tonic, and recommends their use along with liquorice root, for the purpose of strengthening the body and preventing the effects of age.
- Vidanga is best herb used for worm infestation that includes roundworm, threadworm and tapeworms. It is used to kill all types of bacteria, virus and fungus. This herb is also very effective for infants that are suffering with worm infestation.
- This herb is rejuvenating herb that provides good health and energy to body.
- It also acts as blood cleanser and is used to clear extra toxins that are circulating in human plasma and lymphatic system.
- Vidanga powder is used for sufferers of piles and other ano-rectal disorders. It is also beneficial in managing obesity and benign tumors.
- This herb is beneficial for human nervous system. As it is used to treat various disorders associated with nervous system like epilepsy and paralysis.
- It is also recommended for various dental ailments.
- Fine powder of vidanga is used to reduce the excessive inflammation of nose.
- Vidanga improves digestive fire and used to cure nausea, vomiting, flatulence and abdominal pain. Because of its laxative property this herb treats constipation.
- Its antifungal and antibacterial properties make this herb to treat various skin disorders. Fresh leaves and paste of leaves are used to improve skin complexion, skin pigmentation, eczema and other skin disorders.
- The herb is used to treat fever and underlying symptoms like generalized weakness and fatigue etc.
- Vidanga is also considered as fat burner and used to reduce weight. It clears all the fat toxins that are circulating in plasma and lymphatic system.
- It is used to treat snake bite poisoning.
- Vidanga is used to cure chronic cough and is also very effective for sufferers of tuberculosis.
- Astringent leaves of this herb are used for the treatment of sore throats and ulcers of mouth.
- This herb works on medha dhatu as it effectively treats diabetes.
- It is used to pacify vata and kapha dosha.
- Powder - 3-5gms